It can be a challenge to find organic produce in Jordan. Even at some of the larger supermarkets, organic products are limited and often out of stock. Not wanting to risk ingesting pesticides and GMO’s while in Jordan, I went searching for organic produce within my first week here. That’s when I found Jabbok Farms.
WHAT THEY OFFER
- Crates full of vegetables, leafy greens, and herbs that are grown from ancient original seeds, planted outdoors, and are GMO-free, hormone-free, and chemical-free – delivered straight to your doorstep.
- Sometimes they offer other locally-grown/made products available such as fruits, olive oil, honey, and eggs.
- XL crate (enough for 4 to 6 people) for 25 Jordanian Dinar (cash on delivery), small crate (enough for 1 to 3 people) for 14 JD (cash on delivery), or customized crate (price depends on the items you select).
- Or choose Washed, Bagged, and Fridge-ready: 3 JD per Veggie bag or 2 JD for Leafy Green Bag (each bag is 1-2 kg, depending on the variety). Please note: The bags the “Washed, Bagged, and Fridge-ready” veggies come in are recycled and biodegradable (YaY! Not plastic!). The bags for the leafy greens are not biodegradable, BUT Jabbok is in the process of testing out some jute bag options to reduce the use of plastic.
HOW TO ORDER
Ordering is super easy. Follow these simple steps:
- Send a WhatsApp message to 079 547 2689 or +962 7 95472689 or email email@example.com, telling them your name, delivery address, and that you’d like to be put on their list.
- Every Tuesday and Friday, they will WhatsApp/email you a list of all produce that is ripe and ready to be harvested.
- Choose the produce you would like + choose a small or XL crate. Then email/WhatsApp them back with your order before noon the same day.
- They harvest and deliver to you the following day (Wednesday and Saturday).
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Availability is strictly seasonal, so items may very from week to week.
- Eggs are not available in the summer due to the heat affecting the chickens egg production.
- Pay in cash on delivery.
- Tax and delivery is already included in the price.
- You are not obligated to order just because you receive the list. You only need to reply with your order before noon if you want to order.
WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I ORDERED
I initially contacted them on a Wednesday, not knowing that their order days were Tuesday and Friday. They explained everything to me and when I commented that I would have to wait until Friday because I had just missed the order day by one day, they said they’d see if they could get a box out to me the same day. And they did! Within about 30 minutes, they delivered a “small” (I think it is more than enough to last two or three people for a week) crate of herbs and vegetables, including carrots, cabbage, leafy greens, broccoli, and basil. The driver was prompt and friendly. The produce was overflowing from the crate. And I was a happy girl to fill my refrigerator and my stomach with organic produce.
(Please note: They do not usually allow orders on Wednesday, so please do not expect the same. Orders are required by noon on Tuesday and Friday. This was just unexpected, extra special, kind treatment!)
A SURPRISE INSIDE
There was one item in the crate I didn’t recognize (until I pulled it out and flipped it over), so I took a photo and sent it to them on WhatsApp. Within a few minutes they identified the mystery product. Can you? It’s the one at the bottom of the crate, on the far left 🙂